All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Law in Higher Education Studies The Garnet Education English for Specific Academic Purposes series won the Duke of Edinburgh English Speaking Union English Language Book Award in 2009. English for Law is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of law who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progressions in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist legal language they need to participate successfully within a legal studies faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from law lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key legal vocabulary that students will need. The Teacher's Book includes: * Comprehensive teaching tes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons * Complete answer keys to all exercises * Full transcripts of listening exercises *Facsimiles of Course Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit *Photocopiable resource pages and ideas for additional activities The Garnet English for Specific Academic Purposes series covers a range of academic subjects. All titles present the same skills and vocabulary points. Teachers can therefore deal with a range of ESAP courses at the same time, kwing that each subject title will focus on the same key skills and follow the same structure. Key Features * Systematic approach to developing academic skills through relevant content. * Focus on receptive skills (reading and listening) to activate productive skills (writing and speaking) in subject area. * Eight-page units combine language and academic skills teaching. * Vocabulary and academic skills bank in each unit for reference and revision. * Audio CDs for further self-study or homework. * Ideal coursework for EAP teachers.
- Author BiographyJeremy Walenn has had a varied career. He graduated in Law at Leeds University, but then qualified as a primary teacher and taught in infant/junior schools for five years. He changed to teaching English as a Foreign Language and worked in large language schools in London and Oxford before becoming the Head of the Language Centre at Cranfield University in Oxfordshire, where he worked on several English for Peacekeeping projects. He moved to Hong Kong in 2003 to take up an appointment as English Language Director at the Asia International Open University (Macau). He teaches the English language modules on the university's MBA and DBA courses. He also recently developed a course for gaming staff at one of the casinos in Macau. He is an examiner in English language and has travelled extensively in south-east Asia, Europe and South America. He has been an author of English language materials for over 20 years. Jeremy has written the following Garnet Education titles: ESAP: English for Law and Talking Trinity and still enjoys the thrill of starting to write a new book. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Jeremy Walenn
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Phillips
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.