All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Management Studies in Higher Education Studies The Garnet Education English for Specific Academic Purposes series won the Duke of Edinburgh English Speaking Union English Language Book Award in 2009. English for Management Studies is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of management studies who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progression in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist management language they need to participate successfully within a management faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from management lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key management vocabulary that students will need. The Teacher's Book includes: * Comprehensive teaching tes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons * Complete answer keys to all exercises * Full transcripts of listening exercises *Facsimiles of Course Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit *Photocopiable resource pages and ideas for additional activities The Garnet English for Specific Academic Purposes series covers a range of academic subjects. All titles present the same skills and vocabulary points. Teachers can therefore deal with a range of ESAP courses at the same time, kwing that each subject title will focus on the same key skills and follow the same structure. Key Features * Systematic approach to developing academic skills through relevant content. * Focus on receptive skills (reading and listening) to activate productive skills (writing and speaking) in subject area. * Eight-page units combine language and academic skills teaching. * Vocabulary and academic skills bank in each unit for reference and revision. * Audio CDs for further self-study or homework. * Ideal coursework for EAP teachers.
- Author BiographyTony Corballis is a business communication and EAP specialist, with broad university and commercial experience. He teaches and lectures on numerous university support and foundation programmes, and an MA course. He has developed a range of courses and commercial-standard materials and books, which have been brought to market internationally. He works at the University of London School of Oriental and African Studies and also runs a small enterprise in communication skills coaching and training, at corballis.com. Tony Corballis is the co-author of English for Specific Academic Purposes: Management Studies with Wayne Jennings. Wayne Jennings has worked in TEFL for over 30 years - in Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand - teaching general, business and academic English, including extensive exam preparation and training for the full Cambridge suite and IELTS. He is also involved in ongoing EAP materials development and course tutorship at Middlesex University. His main commitment is as partner in a consulting enterprise in Russia, where he designs and monitors Business English programmes for a team of teachers at Moscow's Institute: The Higher School of Linguistics. He also designs and delivers training courses for teachers, as an accredited ICELT teacher trainer for Cambridge. He has an MA in Applied Linguistics from Birkbeck College, London. Wayne Jennings is the co-author of English for Specific Academic Purposes: Management Studies with Tony Corballis. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Tony Corballis
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Weight795 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.