All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.45
- AU $27.12Trending at AU $28.71
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.21
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.98
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.85
- AU $22.86Trending at AU $25.90
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Medicine in Higher Education Studies The Garnet Education English for Specific Academic Purposes series won the Duke of Edinburgh English Speaking Union English Language Book Award in 2009. English for Medicine is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of medicine who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progression in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist medical language they need to participate successfully within a medical faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from medical lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key medical vocabulary that students will need. The Teacher's Book includes: * Comprehensive teaching tes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons * Complete answer keys to all exercises * Full transcripts of listening exercises *Facsimiles of Course Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit *Photocopiable resource pages and ideas for additional activities The Garnet English for Specific Academic Purposes series covers a range of academic subjects. All titles present the same skills and vocabulary points. Teachers can therefore deal with a range of ESAP courses at the same time, kwing that each subject title will focus on the same key skills and follow the same structure. Key Features * Systematic approach to developing academic skills through relevant content. * Focus on receptive skills (reading and listening) to activate productive skills (writing and speaking) in subject area. * Eight-page units combine language and academic skills teaching. * Vocabulary and academic skills bank in each unit for reference and revision. * Audio CDs for further self-study or homework. * Ideal coursework for EAP teachers.
- Author BiographyPatrick Fitzgerald is the co-author of ESAP Medicine and ESAP ICT Studies. He has worked in a variety of roles with learners from a range of backgrounds in healthcare and medicine. He holds a BA in Social Science and an MA in Information and Library Management and has a particular interest in the development of learning materials. Marie McCullagh co-authored Garnet Education's ESAP Medicine with Ros Wright and Patrick Fitzgerald. She is a senior lecturer at the University of Portsmouth, teaching a range of ESP courses at undergraduate and post graduate level. She holds an MA in International Marketing and an MA in Materials Writing. Her research interests are in English for Professional Communication. She also provides communication skills training to non-native speaking doctors in the NHS. Ros Wright co-authored Garnet Education's ESAP Medicine with Marie McCullagh and Patrick Fitzgerald. She specialises in English for medical purposes and has trained doctors qualified in their country of origin to prepare for the oral component of the US Medical Licensing Exam. Ros holds an MA in Materials Development for Language Learners from Leeds Metropolitan University and her interests include English for Specific Purposes and the use of audio-visuals in the development of effective communication skills. Ros has just completed serving her second term as President of TESOL France and is a member of the Conference Proposals Committee for IATEFL. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Marie McCullagh,Patrick Fitzgerald,Ros Wright
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Phillips
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.