All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on the argument that detailed and developmental formative feedback is the single most useful thing teachers can do for students. It helps to clarify the expectations of higher education and assist all students to achieve their potential. This book promotes student learning through formative assessment and feedback, which: * enables self-assessment and reflection in learning * encourages teacher-student dialogue * helps clarify what is good performance * provides students with quality information to help improve their learning * encourages motivation and self-confidence in students * aids the teacher in shaping teaching Underpinned by the relevant theory, the practical advice and examples in this book directly address the issues of how to motivate students to engage in formative assessment effectively and shows teachers how they can provide further useful formative feedback.
- Author BiographyAlastair Irons is Associate Dean in the School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences at Northumbria University.
- Author(s)Alastair Irons
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Guides for Effective Teaching in Higher Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.