All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis issue is the first major publication on teaching with laptops in the classroom. Its primary purpose is to show that university instructors make pedagogically productive and vel use of laptops in the classroom. As the chapters illustrate, laptops indeed offer rich new opportunities to make classes more student-active, thereby enhancing student engagement and learning. Moreover, these benefits can accrue without compromising the quality of student-instructor interaction or increasing the student workload. The issue also has a timely secondary purpose: to advise institutional leaders on how to make a laptop mandate successful at their university. Clemson University's mandate has meet with tremendous and documented success. Their Laptop Faculty Development Program ensures that faculty interested in teaching with laptops receive extensive pedagogical as well as technical traiing before they take on a laptop course. Some of the more creative and effective laptop faculty are showcased in this volume. This is the 101st issue of the Jossey-Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Teaching and Learning .
- Author(s)TL (Teaching and Learning)
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Directions for Teaching & Learning S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 101
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight152 g
- Width151 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.