All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an invative, trans-diagstic approach to enhancing self-control in adolescents based directly on personality and social psychological science. It thus fills a void. While several books address specific disorders such as ADHD, poor school performance, and aggression, this is one of the first books to translate social and personality psychology research into a set of generally applicable treatment strategies. This literature as a whole is t well kwn to cognitive behavioral therapists or other applied mental health professionals and will be a valuable addition to their clinical kwledge base. Because the interventions described in the book target the underlying processes common to self-control (rather than to specific diagstic entities), clinicians do t have to master a treatment manual for each individual disorder. Instead, they are provided with treatment tools that they can modify and use flexibly with the large number of adolescent referred because of problems with self-control, who typically present with a range of symptoms and co-morbid disorders.
- Author BiographyNorman M. Brier, PhD, is a psychologist who was a Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has directed an adolescent division serving youngsters with learning, attention, emotional, and self-regulation disorders for more than 40 years. Dr. Brier has written a number of original articles and several books related to adolescents and self-control. He maintains a private practice in Bedford, New York.
- Author(s)Norman M. Brier
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.