All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionVocabulary usually presents one of the biggest challenges in FL learning. This book explores a new approach called the Strategy-based Constructivist Approach (SBCA) to enhance self-directed vocabulary learning. It assumes that learners should discover and construct new word kwledge actively in an authentic environment based upon their existing mental lexicon, working either by individual or through collaboration. The utilization of processing-involved and interactive vocabulary learning strategies is highlighted as a crucial component in this approach. Diversified and meaningful tasks are expected to stimulate that utilization to realize the SBCA in a basic way; and learning medium, learning processes and learning paths are the additional factors for improving that utilization to realize the SBCA effectively. For the development of a courseware package to achieve the effective realization of the SBCA, a new framework for language courseware engineering is formulated with explicitness, systematicity and practicability; new vocabulary learning processes are proposed to facilitate students' utilization of vocabulary learning strategies in a rational way; and learning paths addressing students' different learning styles are designed to achieve individualized learning. A vocabulary learning courseware prototype called Learning Vocabulary In Domain is ultimately developed. This book illuminates the direction of future research on vocabulary learning in FL learning.
- Author BiographyJing Wu is a lecturer in the College of Foreign Languages and Literatures at Fudan University in China. She received her PhD degree in Linguistics from City University of Hong Kong. Her research interests include computer-assisted language learning (CALL), EFL learning and teaching, vocabulary acquisition and self-directed learning.
- Author(s)Jing Wu
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note35, ill. b/w
- Weight290 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.