All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest advancements and invations in regulating the nitrogen levels in your crops Enhancing the Efficiency of Nitrogen Utilization in Plants examines current research to present an overview of irganic nitrogen uptake and metabolism in plant life and crop production. This comprehensive resource is divided into sections for quick and easy reference, focusing on physiology and adaptive mechanisms, molecular genetics, and applied aspects. The world's leading experts in agromy, crop science, and plant physiology analyze the most effective methods and management practices to ensure maximum plant growth and production. Enhancing the Efficiency of Nitrogen Utilization in Plants develops links between basic and applied research and practical crop production. This unique book addresses a wide range of topics that relate to nitrogen use efficiency, and to plant and crop responses to applications of nitrogen via fertilizers, including nitrogen acquisition and reduction; crop rotation; molecular approaches, genetics, and markers; balanced fertilization and controlled-release fertilizers; nitrogen decline, supply, and demand; crop breeding; radiation use; nutrient deficiency and toxicity; nitrate induction and signaling; nitrogen transport; and nitrogen use at the leaf and capy level . Enhancing the Efficiency of Nitrogen Utilization in Plants examines: * plant responses to changes in the supply of the two irganic nitrogen sources of nitrate and ammonium * root system control mechanisms of nitrogen uptake * nitrate uptake and reduction in higher and lower plants * how nitrogen affects biomass production in a capy * nitrogen's effects on radiation interception and radiation use efficiency * senescence and photosynthesis * the regulation of nitrogen and carbon metabolisms by sugars and nitrogen metabolites * integrated nitrogen fertilization * the use of legumes for soil improvement * root system control mechanisms * fertility and crop nutrient demand * chemical and biological processes that influence nitrogen transformation or loss * the use of simulation models to measure water and nutrient transport in soils * and much moreEnhancing the Efficiency of Nitrogen Utilization in Plants is an invaluable classroom aid for academics working in plant physiology and agromy, and an essential professional resource for researchers working in plant and crop production.
- Author BiographyUniv Of California @ Davis, Davis, CA, USA
- Author(s)Aarjit Basra,Rudolf Tischner,Sham S. Goyal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2006
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width154 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.