All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhat power has assured the continual fascination of writers with paradise? This book suggests that the answer lies in the complex, dynamic, and enigmatic roles offered by adopting paradise as a literary motif. Once it has shifted from myth to a flexible component of literary texts, it builds diverse significations and contexts into a recognizable literary construct and then plays these against each other in a fluid series of ambiguities and enigmas. This process encourages ever new contextualizations of paradise in response to changing cultural, techlogical, and social conditions.
- Author BiographyThe Author: A specialist in literary themes and motifs, Ingrid G. Daemmrich has published numerous studies in thematics and comparative literature. The Handbook of Themes and Motifs in Western Literature, co-authored with Horst S. Daemmrich, is used as a reference guide by students of literature throughout the world. Spirals and Circles: A Key to Thematic Patterns in Classicism and Realism (Peter Lang, 1994), also co-authored with Horst S. Daemmrich, presents a comprehensive thematic approach to two important literary movements.
- Author(s)Ingrid G Daemmrich
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies on Themes and Motifs in Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight520 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.