All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionEnigmatic Pilot is Kris Saknussemm s outrageously brilliant yet profoundly moving exploration and excavation of the American dream and nightmare. In 1844, in a still-young America, the first intimations of civil war are stirring throughout the land. In Zanesville, Ohio, the Sitturd family Hephaestus, a clubfooted inventor; his wife, Rapture, a Creole from the Sea Islands; and their prodigiously gifted six-year-old son, Lloyd, whose libido is as precocious as his intellect are forced to flee the only home they have ever kwn for an uncertain future in Texas, whence Hephaestus s half-brother, Micah, has sent them a mysterious invitation, promising riches and wonders too amazing to be entrusted to paper. Thus begins one of the most incredible American journeys since Huck Finn and Jim first pushed their raft into the Mississippi. Along the way, Lloyd will learn the intricacies of poker and murder, solve the problem of manned flight, find and lose true love, and become swept up in an ancient struggle between two secret societies whose arcane dispute has shaped the world s past and threatens to reshape its future. Each side wants to use Lloyd against the other, but Lloyd has his own ideas and access to an occult techlogy as powerful as his imagination.
- Author(s)Kris Saknussemm
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight263 g
- Width134 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.