All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnlightened Republicanism is the first book-length study of Thomas Jefferson's Notes on the State of Virginia, which has often been used as a treasury of quotations from which historians, political scientists, and literary scholars have borrowed in order to prove one point or ather about America or Jefferson himself. David Tucker examines Jefferson's work as a whole, arguing that the it was carefully structured. He proceeds to demonstrate that only a deeper understanding of this structure as an integral part of Jefferson's argument can give the reader a true comprehension of Notes on the State of Virginia. Enlightened republicanism, as Jefferson defined it, was revolutionary, as it fundamentally changed the goals of government and the practice of politics to bring them into accord as much as possible with the complex and varied demands of nature.
- Author BiographyDavid Tucker is associate professor in the department of defense analysis at the Naval Postgraduate School.
- Author(s)David Tucker
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/04/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.