All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnlightening Encounters traces the impact of photography on Italian literature from the medium's invention in 1839 to the present day. Investigating the ways in which Italian literature has responded to photographic practice and aesthetics, the contributors use a wide range of theoretical perspectives to examine a variety of canical and n-canical authors and a broad selection of literary genres, including fiction, autobiography, photo-texts, and migration literature. The first collection in English to focus on photography's reciprocal relationship to Italian literature, Enlightening Encounters represents an important resource for a number of fields, including Italian studies, literary studies, visual studies, and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyGiorgia Alu teaches in the Department of Italian Studies at the University of Sydney. Nancy Pedri is an associate professor in the Department of English at Memorial University.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- Series TitleToronto Italian Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note16
- Weight660 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byGiorgia Alu,Nancy Pedri
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.