All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEch Powell - Racist or nationalist? Loyal ally or ruthless opportunist? The most influential man in post-war politics? Ech at 100 is a critical reassessment of Ech Powell's legacy by some of the leading political figures and writers of the current age. Originally released in the year of Ech's centenary, the contributions, from writers including Iain Duncan Smith, Frank Field, Simon Heffer, Andrew Roberts, Margaret Mountford and Roger Scruton, explore the enigma of a man who - Filled the House of Commons chamber during his speeches, and turned crowds away for lack of room when he spoke publicly. Electrified Parliament defending the rights of Kenyans, but delivered his infamous 'Rivers of Blood' speech a decade later. Resigned very openly over excessive government spending, but initiated the first NHS ten-year hospital building programme. Was credited with winning one general election for the Conservatives, but losing ather. Advocated radical de-nationalisation and propounded the benefits of a free market ecomy. Identified the problems of a single currency and warned of the political realities of the EU. Forecast today's problems arising from legislative devolution.
- Author BiographyLord Howard is a businessman and member of the House of Lords.
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edited byLord Howard
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.