All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we discuss serious ideas in the age of 24-hour news? What was rhetoric in the past and what should it be w? And what does Islamic State have in common with Donald Trump? We've never had more information or more opportunity to debate the issues of the day. Yet the relationship between politicians, the media and the public is characterised by suspicion, mistrust and apathy. What has gone wrong? Eugh Said reveals how political, social and techlogical change has transformed our political landscape - and how we talk about the issues that affect us all. Political rhetoric has become stale and the mistrust of politicians has made voters flock to populists who promise authenticity, honesty and truth instead of spin, evasiveness and lies. Featuring Ronald Reagan and Sarah Palin, Tony Blair and George Osborne, Silvio Berlusconi and many more star performers, Eugh Said shows how public language is losing its power, and how an omius gap is opening between the governed and those who govern. The result of decades of first-hand experience of politics and media, this is an essential, brilliant diagsis of what we should stop doing and what we should start doing in order to reinvigorate Western democracy.
- Author BiographyMark Thompson is CEO of the New York Times and has served as Chief Executive of Channel 4 and Director General of the BBC. In 2012 he was a visiting professor of rhetoric and the art of public persuasion at the University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Mark Thompson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Weight780 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.