All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionA closed-door enquiry has found a jockey guilty of the lowest possible crime--throwing a race for money. With his reputation scarred, the jockey begins his own investigation. But asking the wrong questions just might get him killed. Reissue.
- Author BiographyDick Francis (pictured with his son Felix Francis) was born in South Wales in 1920. He was a young rider of distinction winning awards and trophies at horse shows throughout the United Kingdom. At the outbreak of World War II he joined the Royal Air Force as a pilot, flying fighter and bomber aircraft including the Spitfire and Lancaster.He became one of the most successful postwar steeplechase jockeys, winning more than 350 races and riding for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. After his retirement from the saddle in 1957, he published an autobiography, The Sport of Queens, before going on to write more than forty acclaimed books, including the New York Times bestsellers Even Money and Silks. A three-time Edgar Award winner, he also received the prestigious Crime Writers Association s Cartier Diamond Dagger, was named Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America, and was awarded a CBE in the Queen s Birthday Honours List in 2000. He died in February 2010, at age eighty-nine, and remains among the greatest thriller writers of all time.
- Author(s)Dick Francis
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width110 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.