All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book by Yvonne Weatherhead represents an excellent addition to any busy teacher's collection. Packed with useful, creative ideas it significantly moves forward the national agenda with regard to Circle Time. Devotees of Circle Time strategies will find a wealth of new approaches between its covers whilst newcomers will find it an invaluable introduction. The book is extremely popular on all of my national training events. I personally look forward to the next instalment!' - Alan Peat, International Educational Consultant (www.alanpeat.com) Yvonne draws upon her experience of using visualisation and positive thoughts with young people in Circle Time. Many teachers recognise the value of promoting aspiration and optimism for young people but they lack the resources and opportunity to introduce these techniques. This publication fills that gap providing: twenty Positive Thought scripts, each of which is also provided as a photocopiable poster and in a colour version on the accompanying disk. eight complete Dream Journey scripts with teacher tes on how to prepare children for these powerful visualisation techniques and ideas for follow up work.These techniques can be used in several settings, to enrich Circle Time, to provide themes for assemblies or in the classrooms as part of Citizenship and the literacy hour. Yvonne also uses them to relax children before SATs. A wonderful resource on its own and links are made with key stage 1 and 2 targets including: Developing confidence and responsibility and making the most of their abilities Preparing to play an active role as citizens Developing good relationships and respecting the difference between people Developing a healthy safer lifestyle.
- Author BiographyYvonne was the headteacher of Marland Hill Primary School from 1990 to 2014 and under her leadership the school was judged as outstanding by OFSTED following inspections in 2008 and 2013. Yvonne now provides school improvement support and professional development programmes to schools across Greater Manchester via Weatherhead Projects Ltd, her school improvement consultancy. Yvonne was made an MBE in the New Year Honours list 2016.
- Author(s)Yvonne Weatherhead
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2004
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleLucky Duck Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLucky Duck Publishing
- Content Note53ill.
- Width176 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Philippa Drakeford
- Contained items statementContains Book and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.