All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The only difference between me and the people judging me is they weren't smart eugh to do what we did.' One of the most infamous scandals in financial history becomes a theatrical epic. At once a case study and an allegory, the play charts the torious rise and fall of Enron and its founding partners Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling, who became 'the most vilified figure from the financial scandal of the century.' Mixing classical tragedy with savage comedy, Enron follows a group of flawed men and women in a narrative of greed and loss which reviews the tumultuous 1990s and casts a new light on the financial turmoil in which the world finds itself in 2009. The play is Lucy Prebble's first work for the stage since her debut work The Sugar Syndrome, winner of the George Devine and Critic's Circle Awards for Most Promising New Playwright. Produced by Headlong, Enron premiered at Chichester's Minerva Theatre on 11 July 2009 and opened at the Royal Court Theatre, London, in September, before transferring to London's West End Jan - May 2010 and to Broadway April 2010.
- Author BiographyLucy Prebble's debut play The Sugar Syndrome won her the Critics Circle and George Devine Awards for Most Promising New Playwright in 2003. Since then she has achieved success as a screenwriter for TV with Diary of a Callgirl. Enron is her second play for the stage.
- Author(s)Lucy Prebble
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/07/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.