All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionASEAN has an abiding interest in peace and stability in this region and in freedom of navigation in and overflight above the South China Sea. Much of ASEANs commerce, including its members' traded food and energy resources, passes through or over the South China Sea. The stakes for ASEAN and its members in the South China Sea are very high.
This book is the product of a conference on Entering Uncharted Waters? ASEAN and the South China Sea Dispute, initiated to remind all claimants to bring their claims as close as possible to the provisions of the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. After all, ASEAN has sought to promote the rule of law in the region. The conference and this book were inspired by the following objectives: peace, stability, freedom of navigation and overflight, confidence building, cooperation, and the rule of law.
- Author BiographyPavin Chachavalpongpun is Associate Professor at the Centre for Southeast Asian Studies at the University of Kyoto, Japan.
- PublisherInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPavin Chachavalpongpun
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.