Entering the Real World: Timeless Ideas Not Learned in School by David Kramer (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionEntering the Real World is a collection of practical ideas to empower young adults as they enter and adjust to the real world. The ideas are simple, straightforward and easy to adapt; major life changes are needed (though some could result). Most high schools and colleges still focus primarily on academics and igre teaching practical skills needed to thrive in the real world. Role models for young adults are often entertainers, Olympic athletes and sports figures, all of whom devote much time to achieve their goals. Self-help media most often teach about major changes that are needed to succeed with a new approach to living. Instead, Entering the Real World offers smaller but powerful ideas that can be applied immediately and successfully to one's life without a major internal overhaul. Some of the book's more than 140 ideas include how to: *Interview successfully and enter the workforce *Get great reference letters *Think for oneself *Begin building wealth (despite thousands of dollars in student loans) *Manage time effectively *Communicate clearly in business and personal relationships Benefits *Over 140 straightforward, easily usable and adaptable ideas *Save time and money by preventing common mistakes *Shorten the learning curve to adapt to the real world *Get ahead faster *Get a head start over your peers *Touches on aspects of mental illnesses often overlooked or shoveled under the rug Special Features *Many ideas are cross-referenced for easy access *The book is designed in small sections for easy reading on a mobile device *Most sections end with a Takeaway and/or a Take Action! that, respectively, summarize the section and suggest actions a reader can take to act on the ideas *The Takeaway and Take Action! segments for each chapter appear at the end of the chapter as a summary Author's website available for: *Download of files referenced in the book *Errata *Interaction among readers to post comments and suggestions *Providing feedback about the book through a feedback page with an option for anymity
- Author BiographyDavid Kramer sold his custom software business in 2000, beginning a teaching career to help the next generation take its place in the world. Overcoming a BSc in Mathematics (Phi Beta Kappa) and an M.Sc. in Computer Science (with honors), he has climbed all fifty-four of Colorado's 14,000-foot mountains. David lives in Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)David Kramer
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note14, 14 black & white illustrations, 7 tables
- Weight394 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.