Enterprise Mac Administrator's Guide by Roderick Smith, Charles Edge, Beau Hunter, Zack Smith (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Edge, Zack Smith, and Beau Hunter provide detailed explanations of the techlogy required for large-scale Mac OS X deployments and show you how to integrate it with other operating systems and applications. Enterprise Mac Administrator's Guide addresses the growing size and spread of Mac OS X deployments in corporations and institutions worldwide. In some cases, this is due to the growth of traditional Mac environments, but for the most part it has to do with switcher campaigns, where Windows and/or Linux environments are migrating to Mac OS X. However, there is a steep culture shock with these types of migrations. The products that are used are different, the menclature is different, and most importantly the best practices for dealing with the operating system are different. Apple provides a number of tools to help automate and guide IT toward managing a large number of Mac OS X computers-it has since before Mac OS X was initially released. However, if you want to put together all of the pieces to tell a compelling story about how to run an IT department or a deployment of Macs, you need to compile information from a number of different sources. This book will provide explanations of the techlogy required. * Provides complete solutions for the large- and medium-scale integration of directory services, imaging, and security * Complete guide for integrating Macs and Mac OS X into mixed environments with confidence and down time * One-stop volume for IT professionals who need the technical details to get their job done as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Author BiographyCharles Edge has been working with Apple products since he was a child. Professionally, Charles started with the Mac OS and Apple server offerings in 1999 after years working with various flavors of Unix. Charles began his consulting career working with Support Technologies and Andersen Consulting. In 2000, he found a new home at 318, Inc., a consulting firm in Santa Monica, California which is now the largest Mac consultancy in the country. At 318, Charles leads a team of over 40 engineers and has worked with network architecture, security and storage for various vertical and horizontal markets. Charles has spoken at a variety of conferences including DefCon, BlackHat, LinuxWorld, MacWorld and the WorldWide Developers Conference. Charles' first book, Mac Tiger Server Little Black Book, can be purchased through Paraglyph Press. Charles recently hung up his surfboard and moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota, with his wife, Lisa. Charles can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Beau Hunter,Charles Edge,Roderick Smith,Zack Smith
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1130 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.