All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade, the close relationship between culture and ecomy - or the experience ecomy - has risen on the agenda. Although there is an established research field for analysing the ecomic impact of entrepreneurship, there is currently a limited amount of research that analyses the cultural impact and opportunity of entrepreneurship. Linking experience ecomy with enterprising behavior moves the term away from businesses' competitiveness and consumer behavior towards a more value-focused business in general. This ground-breaking book integrates entrepreneurship and empowerment into one central theme, drawing on research from both the social sciences (invation, entrepreneurship, empowerment and activism) and the humanities (participatory culture, user-generated designs, creative networks). Enterprising Initiatives expands the definition of entrepreneurship beyond a primarily ecomic profit-seeking phemen to a broader understanding of enterprising behaviour based on an individual-opportunity nexus. Beyond social entrepreneurship, it explores a broad range of individual, collective and cooperative citizen initiatives under the umbrella of enterprising action. This invative approach will be of great interest to scholars in entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, cultural entrepreneurship, cultural studies, and consumer culture, as well as for policy makers in public and local government, regional development and cultural event management.
- Author BiographyBritta Timm Knudsen is Associate Professor, Department of Aesthetics and Communication, Aarhus University, Denmark. Dorthe Refslund Christensen is Associate Professor, Department of Aesthetics and Communication, Aarhus University, Denmark Per Blenker is Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary Community for Advanced Research in Entrepreneurship, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Entrepreneurship
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 7 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBritta Timm Knudsen,Per Blenker,Professor Dorthe Refslund Christensen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.