All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJames Viaene began his culinary career in the midst of a postwar cultural revival of sumptuous dinners, balls, and galas. He started in some of Pariss greatest restaurants and later was hired at the Parisian residence of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. He then trained under a series of rewned cooks, and became a chef in his own right in the kitchens of eminent public figures such as Georges Wildenstein, Jean de Souza-Lage, and Michel David-Weill, who demanded extremely high standards. In 1970, Viaene entered the British Ambassadors residence in Paris, a unique locale where the chef plays a central role. The historic home, where he carried out the rest of his forty-year career, provided an idyllic setting for serving his best-loved recipes. In this richly illustrated volume, James Viaene recounts his memories, amusing anecdotes, and twenty-four of his favorite recipes from throughout his reign in the prestigious kitchen. From the famous Beef Wellington served to Queen Elizabeth II, to typically English tea, and the pot-au-feu inspired by his childhood memories, each dish is enhanced by the Residences legendary silver service, one of the treasures of the British Embassy in France.
- Author BiographyNadege Forestier, former correspondent for Le Figaro, wrote the biography The Taste of Luxury: Bernard Arnault and the Moet-Hennessy Louis Vuitton Story. Francis Hammond is a renowned lifestyle photographer. His photographs have appeared in Elle Decoration and Martha Stewart Living, as well as in The British Ambassador's Residence in Paris and Versailles: A Private Invitation (both published by Flammarion, 2011).
- Author(s)James Viaene,Nadege Forestier
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight1600 g
- Width249 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byFrancis Hammond
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.