All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven the most casual contact with the culture, politics, or religion of Tibet and the surrounding region brings outsiders face-to-face with the institution of reincarnate spiritual masters. In a tradition that is bithuniquely Tibetan and grenuinely Buddhist, past masters are identified as small children, installed in their predecessors monastery in a ceremony called enthronement, and educated to continue the work of their former incarnation.
- Author BiographyJamgOn KongtrUl (1813-1899) was a versatile and prolific scholar. He has been characterized as a Tibetan Leonardo because of his significant contributions to religion, education, medicine, and politics.
- Author(s)Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Taye
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnow Lion Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width143 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byNgawang Zangpo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.