About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an award-winning expertdemystifies the process of starting a business by presenting difficult ecomic, financial and business concepts in a manner easily understood by beginners. This book addresses the demands of integrating workplace relevant activities to meet academic standards. Placing an emphasis on developing business plans, it can be used as a professional resource for anyone looking to start their own business.
- Author BiographySteve Mariotti, Founder & President of the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an expert in education for at-risk youth. For more than 20 years, he has been helping young people develop marketable skills by learning about entrepreneurship. Steve Mariotti received an M.B.A. from the University of Michigan and has studied at Harvard University, Stanford University, and Brooklyn College. His professional career began by serving as a Treasury Analyst for Ford Motor Co. (1976-79). He then founded Mason Import/Export Services in New York, eventually acting as sales representative and purchasing agent for 32 overseas firms. In 1982, he made a significant career change and became a Special Education/Business Teacher in the New York City school system, choosing to teach in notorious neighborhoods such as Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn and the Fort Apache section of the South Bronx. It was at Jane Addams Vocational High School in the Bronx that he developed the insight and inspiration to bring entrepreneurial education to low-income youth. This led to founding the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) in 1987.
- Author(s)Steve Mariotti
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1506 g
- Width216 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.