All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionPublic policy interventions aimed at encouraging, supporting and developing small businesses are important for understanding entrepreneurship and small business management. This textbook is the first to provide teachers and students with a resource that gives an overview of how institutional and policy structures interact with small firm start-ups, continuation and succession/failures. Beginning with a brief introduction to policy processes, the text covers the main policy instruments for entrepreneurial market entry and start-up support, for on-going small business advice and financial support, and succession planning. It particularly focuses on policies that improve the Business Enabling Environment through macroecomic policy, institutional reform, and deregulation of bureaucratic burdens. Theoretical rigour is complemented by detailed assessments of current policies around the world, including USA, advanced and emerging ecomies and Policy support from global institutions such as the World Bank and the ILO are included. Written by a pre-eminent scholar of public policy and entrepreneurship, this textbook provides a concise but thorough introduction to the subject for Master's students internationally. Policy recommendations in the author's conclusion also highlight the book's value to policy-makers as they adapt to the globalized, digital world.
- Author BiographyRobert John Bennett is a leading commentator/international expert on SME policy and economic development, and an investor in small firms. Author of many books and research papers, this text develops from his Masters teaching at the London School of Economics and the University of Cambridge. Currently Research Director and Professor Emeritus at Cambridge, he has held visiting positions in the USA, Australia and Europe, and has been an advisor to Parliamentary Committees and organisations in the public and private sectors.
- Author(s)Robert J. Bennett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Masters in Entrepreneurship
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.