All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSchizophrenia is the central problem in the sciences of the mind, t only for its etiological, psychopathological and clinical aspects, but also because of its implications for therapy and rehabilitation. In this volume the author describes a series of new scientific and clinical perspectives for schizophrenia influenced by cognitivist and constructivist approaches and informed by the logic of complexity and n-linear, dynamic systems.The author delineates a new complex theory of the brain and a procedural theory of the mind, founded on the concept of the modular brain and the coalitional mind. Subsequently, the author develops a multi-factorial conceptualization of the etiological dynamic and an original, complex, and evolutionary perspective concerning the psychotic condition, which has been redefined, in this case, as Entropy of the Mind or Phrenentropy. In conclusion, the author illustrates an invative, integrated protocol, deminated Negative Entropy, for the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with schizophrenia.
- Author BiographyTulio Scrimali is a physician, specialising in psychiatry, psychology and psychotherapy. He teaches Psychotherapy in the Faculty of Medicine and in the Resident School of Psychiatry at the University of Catania. He also teaches Clinical Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology Kore University of Enna. He has founded and directs the ALETEIA International, World School of Cognitive Therapy, in Enna.
- Author(s)Tullio Scrimali
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight680 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.