About this product
- DescriptionUsing a holistic approach--to take intervention from an individual to a systemic level--this book focuses on the front-line, practical issues faced by the consultant attempting to gain entry into a school. Opening with a review of consultation and its purposes, this unusually practical volume describes in detail how to: * Define consultant functions * Make decisions about where to enter the system * Build support among key school system staff who are in a position to facilitate initial entry * Garner information on the school's lines of authority, communication networks, missions, values, goals, and traditions * Determine how practical the project is to the school * Ascertain whether financial, personnel, and other resources are available so the project can work. A comprehensive guide to entering the school system as a consultant, the book comes complete with prototype forms, questionnaires for examining consultant competency, and rating sheets for tracking the consultation process. Veteran consultants and newcomers will find this book an invaluable resource for gaining initial entry and also for expanding the consultant's role within the system.
- Author BiographyEdward S. Marks, Ph.D., is a school psychologist for Trenton, NJ Board of Education, and a licensed psychologist practicing in suburban Philadelphia, dealing in school problems and career development. His work reflects over 27 years of special education experience, and focuses on improving consultation to teachers and schools, conducting inservice training and continuing education for teachers and Child Study staff, as well as evaluation, crisis intervention, and counseling of students. A past president of the Philadelphia Society of Clinical Psychologists, he was a founder and Vice-President of its Human Services Center, and served as secretary of the Pennsylvania Psychological Association.
- Author(s)Edward S. Marks
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication04/05/1995
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $13.55Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.