All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguing that Americans should turn to private entrepreneurs rather than the federal government to guarantee the protection and improvement of environmental quality, the authors document numerous examples of how entrepreneurs have satisfied the growing demand for environmental quality. Beginning with historical cases from the turn of the century, they illuminate the benefits of entrepreneurial participation in wildlife preservation, aquatic habitat production, and environmentally friendly housing development. As government budgets shrink and more people question the efficacy of government regulations, Enviro-Capitalists offers alternatives to traditional thinking about the environment. While the book does t claim that the private sector can provide solutions to all environmental problems, it offers invative ideas that will cultivate and encourage environmental entrepreneurship.
- Author BiographyTerry L. Anderson is professor of economics at Montana State University and executive director of the Political Economy Research Center (PERC). Donald R. Leal is senior associate at PERC.
- Author(s)Donald R. Leal,Terry L. Anderson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/01/1997
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Series TitleThe Political Economy Forum
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 37
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight313 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.