All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in current issues and constraints, this book focuses on valuing environmental degradation, green ecomic growth, trade-environment linkage, climate change, health outcome efficiency and public works programmes. Can the 'impressive' growth rates registered by the Indian ecomy last in the long run? If so, are they inclusive of the key dimensions of well-being? Can the balance between India's demand for and supply of natural capital make the country an ecological debtor? This volume, in hour of Professor U. Sankar, addresses such significant debates and provides policy initiatives to tackle these issues. This book argues that sustainable development as a long-term objective demands a paradigm shift in the approach to viewing ecology and that sustainability has to be assessed in terms of ecomic, social and environmental outcomes.
- Author BiographyK.R. Shanmugam is a faculty member of Madras School of Economics since its inception in 1995. He is a member of Scientific and Technical Advisory Group of the CMPA, MoEF and GIZ. He is also a non-officio member of Central Direct Taxes Advisory Committee; non-officio member of State Planning Board of Government of Pondicherry; member of various committees of Government of Tamil Nadu; Academic Council Member of Central University of Tamil Nadu and Indian Institute of Finance. He held the position of Treasurer of Indian Econometric Society during 2001-06. K.S. Kavi Kumar has been coordinating activities of Centre of Excellence in Environmental Economics (supported by the Ministry of Environment and Forests) at MSE for the past eight years. He is a member of the Expert Committee on Climate Change, MoEF&CC, GoI, and a member of State Environment Appraisal Committee (Tamil Nadu) and he has been working at MSE since 1999.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Weight680 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byK. R. Shanmugam,K. S. Kavi Kumar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.