Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs environmental issues move to the centre of the political debate, more attention is being focused on the role our ecomy has played in creating the ecological crisis, and what a sustainable ecomy might look like. In spite of the success of the environmental movement in drawing attention to the crisis facing us, there has been comparatively little attention focused on the way the operation of the global ecomy contributes to this crisis. Environment and Ecomy provides a stimulating introductory insight into the history of thinking that has linked the ecomy and the environment. It begins by introducing readers to the pioneers of this field, such as Fritz Schumacher and Paul Ehrlich, who first drew attention to the disastrous consequences for our environment of our ever-expanding ecomy. Part two of the book describes the main academic responses to the need to resolve the tension between ecomy and environment: environmental ecomics, ecological ecomics, green ecomics, and anti-capitalist ecomics. Part three is structured around key themes including an introduction to ecomic instruments such as taxes and regulation; pollution and resource depletion; growth; globalization vs. localization and climate change. Each key issue is approached from a range of different perspectives, and working policies are presented in detail. Written in an accessible style, this introductory text offers students with an engaging account of the way that the various traditions of ecomic thought have approached the environment, bringing them together for the first time in one volume. The text is complimented by boxes, case studies and recommended reading for each theme addressed. It will be of value to students interested in environmental sciences, geography, green issues and ecomics.
- Author BiographyMolly Scott Cato is a Reader in Green Economics at Cardiff School of Management and Director of Cardiff Institute for Co-operative Studies.
- Author(s)Molly Scott Cato
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Introductions to Environment: Environment and Society Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 42 black & white line drawings
- Weight486 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.