All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of Environment and Tourism reflects changes in the relationship between tourism, society and the natural environment in the first decade of the new century. Alongside the updating of all statistics, environmental policy initiatives, examples and case studies new material has been added. This includes two new chapters: one on climate change and natural disasters and the other on the relationship between tourism and poverty. These themes have direct relevance, t only to tourism, but are reflective of the wider relationship between nature and society, a thesis that contextualizes this book. Tourism is also analyzed as an interconnected system, linking the environments of where tourists come from, with the ones they go to. Taking a holistic view of the tourism system and how it interacts with the natural environment, this volume illustrates the positive and negative effects of this relationship, and importantly how tourism can be planned and managed to encourage natural resource conservation and aid human development. It is an invaluable tool for all those studying human geography, tourism and environment studies.
- Author BiographyAndrew Holden is Director for the Centre for Research into Environment and Sustainable Tourism (CREST) at the University of Bedfordshire. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society in London. His research and consultancy work has been undertaken in Indonesia, Nepal, Turkey, Russia, Scotland and Cyprus.
- Author(s)Andrew Holden
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Introductions to Environment: Environment and Society Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight506 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.