Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $102.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental Biology offers a fresh, problem-solving treatment of the topic for students requiring a biology background before further study in environmental science, sustainable development or environmental engineering. It begins with an environmental theme that carries through the text, using three major case studies with a regional focus. Key foundational kwledge is introduced and developed as the text progresses, with students encouraged to integrate their accumulated learning to reach solutions. A comprehensive coverage of scientific method, including field experimentation and field techniques, is an important part of the approach. While emphasising the environmental theme, the book introduces all facets of the biology discipline, including cell biology, evolution, ecology, conservation and restoration. There are over 500 line drawings, diagrams and photos throughout, including full-colour sections, and each chapter includes summaries and comprehensive questions. The accompanying online Instructors' Resource includes multiple-choice questions, 'Test your kwledge' solutions and video footage.
- Author BiographyMike Calver is Associate Professor in the School of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology at Murdoch University, Western Australia. Alan Lymbery is Associate Professor of Parasitology in the School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences at Murdoch University, Western Australia. Jennifer McComb is Emeritus Professor in the School of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology at Murdoch University, Western Australia. Dr Michael Bamford is Consulting Ecologist at Bamford Consulting.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 graphs
- Weight1450 g
- Width190 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAlan Lymbery,Jennifer McComb,Mike Bamford,Mike Calver
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- candice621405 Sep, 2012by
This text was purchased as a text requirement for a university course. It is easy to use, and the chapters are relevant to my course.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.