Environmental Biology for Engineers and Scientists by David A. Vaccari, James E. Alleman, Peter F. Strom (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $291.70+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $133.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe growth of the environmental sciences has greatly expanded the scope of biological disciplines today's engineers have to deal with. Yet, despite its fundamental importance, the full breadth of biology has been given short shrift in most environmental engineering and science courses. Filling this gap in the professional literature, Environmental Biology for Engineers and Scientists introduces students of chemistry, physics, geology, and environmental engineering to a broad range of biological concepts they may t otherwise be exposed to in their training. Based on a graduate-level course designed to teach engineers to be literate in biological concepts and termilogy, the text covers a wide range of biology without making it tedious for n-biology majors. The teaching aids include: Notes, problems, and solutions; Problem sets at the end of each chapter; and PowerPoints[registered] of many figures. A valuable addition to any civil engineering and environmental studies curriculum, this book also serves as an important professional reference for practicing environmental professionals who need to understand the biological impacts of pollution.
- Author BiographyDAVID A. VACCARI, PhD, PE, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Ocean Engineering at Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey. He also serves as an industry consultant and holds memberships in the Water Environment Federation, the American Academy of Environmental Engineers, the International Water Association, and the American Water Works Association. PETER F. STROM, PhD, is a Professor of Environmental Sciences at Cook College, Rutgers University, specializing in biological treatment and water pollution. He is a member of the Water Environment Federation, the American Society for Microbiology, the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors, and the International Water Association. JAMES E. ALLEMAN, PhD, PE, is a Professor and Departmental Chair of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering at Iowa State University. His thirty plus years of environmental engineering experience covers a diverse spectrum of academic, industrial, military, and governmental activities. He is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Water Environment Federation, the International Water Association, and the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors.
- Author(s)David A. Vaccari,James E. Alleman,Peter F. Strom
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1711 g
- Width180 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine49 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.