All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGilbert S. Omenn Dean, School of Public Health and Community Medicine University of Washington Seattle, Washington 98195 On behalf of the University of Washington , the City of Seattle, the Steering Committee, and the sponsoring agencies, corporations, and organ- izations, I welcome you. \Ve all expect this Conference to stimulate further what is becoming an important application of biotechlogy in an area in which our society experiences considerable frustration and gloom: the management of hazardous wastes. It is an all-too-frequent refrain that techlogy has its benefits and its risks. To many--in the lay pUblic, at least--the damaging tion has taken hold that we are capable of creating problems but are less capable of finding solutions. Chemical streams from industry, agriculture, municipal operations, and household operations have contaminated groundwater, drinking water, and soils, and have undermined the productivity of agri- culture and the quality of life. In the meantime, however, we have im- proved our quality of life in immeasurable ways through some related developments. The challenge is to continue the enhancements while modifying or preventing the damage.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/07/1988
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleBasic Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2000 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGilbert S. Omenn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.