All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe use of biotechnical processes in control of environmental pollution and in haz- ardous waste treatment is viewed as an advantageous alternative or adduct to phys- ical chemical treatment techlogies. Yet, the development and implementation of both conventional and advanced biotechlogies in predictable and efficacious field applications suffer from numerous technical, regulatory, and societal uncertainties. With the application of modern molecular biology and genetic engineering, there is clear potential for biotechnical developments that will lead to breakthroughs in controlled and optimized hazardous waste treatment for in situ and unit process use. There is, however, great concern that the development of these techlogies may be needlessly hindered in their applications and that the fundamental research base may t be able to sustain continued techlogy development. Some of these issues have been discussed in a fragmented fashion within the research and development community. A basic research agenda has been established to promote a sustainable cross-disciplinary techlogy base. This agenda includes developing new and improved strains for biodegradation, improving bioanalytical methods to measure strain and biodegradation performance, and providing an in- tegrated environmental and reactor systems analysis approach for process control and optimization.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number41
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight581 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byGary S. Sayler,James Blackburn,Robert Fox
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.