All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does climate change affect social work and social development? What actions are needed to integrate the three pillars of ecomic development, environmental development and social protection? With global warming and the increase in natural disasters due to the emission of greenhouse gases, an alternative approach to the natural environment is vital. The main focus of this volume is to emphasize the person-in-environment concept and to find measures for its implementation. For social work the environment has traditionally been viewed as a world of human relationships as opposed to the interaction between man and environment. This informative and incisively written edited collection brings together experts from around the world to analyze the person-in-environment concept and to find measures for its implementation. Through the presentation of theoretical and practical platforms for environmental social work or 'green social work', we hope to bring about a new paradigmatic shift in our attitude to the concept of person-in- environment.
- Author BiographySven Hessle is Professor of Social Work at Stockholm University in Sweden and editor in chief of The International Journal of Social Welfare.
- Author(s)Sven Hessle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 8 b&w illustrations
- Weight506 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.