All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental crimilogy is a term that encompasses a range of overlapping perspectives. At its core, the many strands of environmental crimilogy are bound by a common focus on the role that the immediate environment plays in the performance of crime, and a conviction that careful analyses of these environmental influences are the key to the effective investigation, control, and prevention of crime. This new edition brings together leading theorists and practitioners in the field to provide a comprehensive, integrative coverage of the field of environmental crimilogy and crime analysis. This book is divided into three sequential parts: * Understanding the crime event explores routine activity approach, crime pattern theory, the rational choice perspective, and situational precipitators of crime. * Analysing crime patterns discusses crime mapping, offender mobility, repeat victimisation, geographic profiling, and crime scripts. * Preventing and controlling crime covers topics including problem oriented policing, situational crime prevention, and environmental design. Fully updated and including new chapters on crime scripts and offender mobility, a scene-setting introductory overview, and critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter, this text is an essential and comprehensive resource for practitioners and students taking courses on environmental crimilogy, crime analysis, and crime prevention.
- Author BiographyRichard Wortley is a Professor of Crime Science, and Director of the Jill Dando Institute of Security and Crime Science at University College London, UK. Michael Townsley is an Associate Professor in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Griffith University, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCrime Science Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 13 black & white halftones, 36 black & white line drawings
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMichael Townsley,Richard Wortley
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.