All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this title is a practitioner text offering practical and comprehensive coverage of the law relating to environmental impact assessment which is an important stage in the planning process. This title sets out the legal requirements relating to EIAs including the relationship of European Union law with domestic law and the resulting cases. The main part of the work concentrates on the role that EIAs play in the planning application process. There is also a section on EIAs in specific contexts such as forestry, archaeology, agriculture and highways. The work concludes with a section on good practice that offers guidance on scoping the statement, how to write the n-technical summary and certain aspects such as social impact, air quality, ise and health risk assessments. This work is invaluable for lawyers, local authority planning officers, planning consultants, property developers and all other professionals who need to kw about the planning process. Completely updated to include a detailed examination of the legislative changes such as the new Strategic Assessment legislation and the Planning Act 2008; significant developments in international law such as UNECE, Espoo and Aarhus Conventions; case law such as R (Wye Valley Action Association Limited) v Herefordshire District Council  that has occurred post the last edition. New chapters to include: Strategic Environmental Assessment; Major Infastructure Projects; Assessment in context of Habitats Regime; Planning Act 2008.
- Author BiographyWritten by Stephen Tromans QC and team from 39 Essex Street Chambers. Stephen Tromans QC is a leading barrister in environmental law. He advises and acts for major industrial companies, Government Departments and other agencies, local authorities, the Environment Agency, NGOs and individuals in environmental and planning law and related areas.
- Author(s)Stephen Tromans
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Professional
- Weight1247 g
- Width156 mm
- Height248 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.