Environmental Impact of Power Generation by Royal Society of Chemistry (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $63.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's automated world, the need for ecomic generation of power is of vital importance. However, the industry is commonly perceived as being responsible for pollution of the atmosphere and contamination of land and water. The wide-ranging subjects addressed in this book will contribute to the public understanding of science in this important area. Encompassing areas as diverse as current performance standards and the use of nuclear fuel, Environmental Impact of Power Generation also includes an historical overview of electricity supply. The emotive issues of air pollution and the ecological effects of overhead power lines are tackled, along with energy efficiency and conservation. This book will be essential reading for students and practitioners in environmental science and engineering.
- Author BiographyThe series has been edited by Professors Hester and Harrison since it began in 1994. Professor Roy Harrison OBE is listed by ISI Thomson Scientific (on ISI Web of Knowledge) as a Highly Cited Researcher in the Environmental Science/Ecology category. He has an h-index of 54 (i.e. 54 of his papers have received 54 or more citations in the literature). In 2004 he was appointed OBE for services to environmental science in the New Year Honours List. He was profiled by the Journal of Environmental Monitoring (Vol 5, pp 39N-41N, 2003). Professor Harrison's research interests lie in the field of environment and human health. His main specialism is in air pollution, from emissions through atmospheric chemical and physical transformations to exposure and effects on human health. Much of this work is designed to inform the development of policy. Now an emeritus professor, Professor Ron Hester's current activities in chemistry are mainly as an editor and as an external examiner and assessor. He also retains appointments as external examiner and assessor / adviser on courses, individual promotions, and departmental / subject area evaluations both in the UK and abroad.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleIssues in Environmental Science and Technology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byR. E. Hester,R. M. Harrison
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.