All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe environment and its management has been, and continues to be a very topical issue. Existing environment and development texts place emphasis is on listing problems, making warnings and voicing advocacy, but by focusing on environmental management, this informative book offers a very different perspective. Moving on from the usual much-discussed viewpoints, Barrow looks towards practical management and problem-solving techniques. He clarifies the definition, nature and role of environmental management in development and developing countries, beginning with an introduction to the key terms, issues and tools of environmental management, which are linked and developed in later chapters, and concluding by discussing who pays for environmental management and its future in developing countries. Written by an experienced and well-kwn author, this clear, user-friendly book, ideal for students of resource management, geography and development studies, makes excellent use of chapter summaries, boxed case studies, antated further readings and websites, discussion questions and illustrations.
- Author BiographyChris Barrow is Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Sciences and International Development, University of Wales, Swansea.
- Author(s)Chris Barrow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2004
- Series TitleRoutledge Perspectives on Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.