Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental Management is specially designed as a textbook for all postgraduate management students. The book will be equally useful for students specializing in environmental management, business and sustainability, and energy management. It also arms professionals with the kwledge to take environmentally responsible business decisions. The book attempts to create awareness about our fragile ecology and ecosystem as well as our rich biodiversity, and raises relevant environmental issues such as pollution, deforestation, global warming, and depletion of scarce natural resources. The book also entreats the reader to respect nature and re-explore the spiritual connection that humans used to share with nature. It urges us to take responsibility for saving our environment by adopting sustainable business practices, employing decision-making tools for environment management and waste management, and understanding and complying with global and Indian standards, laws, and ethical practices. A chapter on ecological ecomics and green ecomy attempts to throw light on the costs incurred due to both the damage caused as well as damage control. A careful selection of case studies, both Indian as well as global, showcases the attempts of various individuals and organizations to act in the best interests of our environment. The book contains a rich pedagogical mix with numerous relevant images, side-bars, tables, charts, exhaustive references, and key words. The chapter-end exercises contain multiple-choice questions, short and long answer type questions, and reflective questions. It also provides various take-home activities such as web readings, and recommended books, documentaries, and movies.
- Author BiographyAjith Sankar R.N. has experience in learning, facilitating, teaching, and researching in areas related to business management, where he delivered courses related to environmental management, social responsibility, and application of ethos and values. He has also worked in areas related to business research, journalism, and sales. In addition to a post-graduate qualification in business, he has a degree in psychology and a three year full-time diploma in hotel management. He completed all the three exam levels of the 'Chartered Market Technician' programme, and dropped out of his PhD research related to human values and leadership, after publishing research papers based on his research. He has publications in international peer-reviewed journals, of which, some are top downloaded works, which also includes a case study depicting the emergence of environmental sustainability strategy in a Fortune 500 company.
- Author(s)Ajith Sankar R. N.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight882 g
- Width188 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.