All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated Edition Includes a New Chapter and Enhanced Study Material The second edition of Environmental Microbiology for Engineers explores the role that microorganisms play in the engineered protection and enhancement of an environment. Offering a perfect balance of microbiological kwledge and environmental biotechlogy principles, it provides a practical understanding of microorganisms and their functions in the environment and in the environmental engineering systems. The book also presents a quantitative description of applied microbiological processes and their engineering design. This updated edition adds a new chapter on construction biotechlogy, as well as a new quiz, tutorial banks, and exam questions with solutions to aid readers with performing the design calculations needed and to enhance understanding of the material. The book covers essential topics that include: * Diversity and functions of microorganisms in environmental engineering systems * Environmental bioengineering processes * Applied microbial genetics and molecular biology * Microbiology of water and wastewater treatment * Biotreatment of solid waste and soil bioremediation * Microbial monitoring of environmental engineering systems * Biocorrosion and biodeterioration of materials * Biocementation and bioclogging of soil * Biopollution of indoor environment * Biofouling of facilities, and more Environmental Microbiology for Engineers provides a practical understanding of microorganisms in the civil engineering process and their functions in the environmental engineering systems, and is designed for practicing environmental engineers working in the areas of wastewater, solid waste treatment, soil remediation and ground improvement.
- Author BiographyVolodymyr Ivanov earned his doctor of biological sciences degree in microbiology and biotechnology from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. His professional experience includes 40 years of teaching and research in microbiology and biotechnology at various universities of Europe, Asia, and the USA. Dr. Ivanov has published 200 papers, eight patents, eight scientific monographies, and 20 book chapters. His major scientific achievements are the theory of physiological dualism of a growing cell existing in both exotrophic and endotrophic states, the revelation of a multicellular bacterial granule as a proto-organism, the periodic table of physiological classification of prokaryotes, and the establishment of construction biotechnology as a new scientific discipline.
- Author(s)Volodymyr Ivanov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note122 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.83Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.