All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental Noise Pollution: Noise Mapping, Public Health and Policy addresses the key debates surrounding environmental ise pollution with a particular focus on the European Union. Environmental ise pollution is an emerging public policy and environmental concern and is considered to be one of the most important environmental stressors affecting public health throughout the world. This book examines environmental ise pollution, its health implications, the role of strategic ise mapping for problem assessment, major sources of environmental ise pollution, ise mitigation approaches, and related procedural and policy implications. Drawing on the authors' considerable research expertise in the area, the book is the first coherent work on this major environmental stressor, a new benchmark reference across disciplinary, policy and national boundaries.
- Author BiographyDr. Enda Murphy is a Lecturer in the School of Geography, Planning & Environmental Policy at University College Dublin. He holds a BA Natural Science, Graduate Diploma in Statistics and PhD in Transportation Planning all from Trinity College Dublin. Prior ot joining UCD he worked as an EPA and then Science Foundation Ireland Research Fellow at Trinity College Dublin investigating methodological and policy issues related to the implementation of the EU Environmental Noise Directive. He has specific expertise in noise modelling, mapping and action planning as well as having broader expertise on the transportation planning process. He recently acted as a technical expert on the development of a new noise strategy for the European Parliament - Towards a Comprehensive Noise Strategy. He is author/co-author of more than 40 academic journal papers, book chapters, conference papers and reports. Dr. Eoin Anthony King is an Assistant Professor of Acoustics at the University of Hartford. He holds a BA in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Acoustics, both from Trinity College Dublin, and in 2013 he became a chartered engineer with Engineers Ireland. His doctoral dissertation developed a practical framework for undertaking strategic noise mapping in Europe. In 2008 he was awarded a post-doctoral research fellowship and during this time he co-founded an Irish acoustics consultancy firm, Infrasonic Ltd. His research interests include environmental acoustics, environmental policy and strategic noise mapping techniques and he has published extensively in the field of acoustics and environmental assessment. He has extensive knowledge in the field of noise modeling and prediction. In 2010 he was nominated by the Irish Department of the Environment to represent Ireland on the CNOSSOS-EU Technical Committee of experts. In 2007, and again in 2012, he developed the largest and most complex strategic noise maps prepared in Ireland to date on behalf of the Irish National Roads Authority, in accordance with EU Directive 2002/49/EC.
- Author(s)Enda Murphy,Eoin King
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.