All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe term Anthropocene detes a new geological epoch characterized by the unprecedented impact of human activities on the Earth's ecosystems. While the natural sciences have advanced their understanding of the drivers and processes of global change considerably over the last two decades, the social sciences lag behind in addressing the fundamental challenge of governance and politics in the Anthropocene. This book attempts to close this crucial research gap, in particular with regards to the following three overarching research themes: (i) the meaning, sense-making and contestations emerging around the concept of the Anthropocene related to the social sciences; (ii) the role and relevance of institutions, both formal and informal as well as international and transnational, for governing in the Anthropocene; and (iii) the role and relevance of accountability and other democratic principles for governing in the Anthropocene. Drawing together a range of key thinkers in the field, this volume provides one of the first authoritative assessments of global environmental politics and governance in the Anthropocene, reflecting on how the planetary scale crisis changes the ways in which humans respond to the challenge. This volume will be of great interest to students and scholars of global environmental politics and governance, and sustainable development.
- Author BiographyPhilipp Pattberg is Professor of Transnational Environmental Governance at the Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM), Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Fariborz Zelli is an Associate Professor at the Department of Political Science at Lund University, Sweden.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Global Environmental Governance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFariborz Zelli,Philipp H. Pattberg
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.