All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of original essays tells the story of how the agenda of the environmental movement in America has changed from the time Rachel Carson sounded her famous clarion call in the early 1960s up to our current era when the globalization of environmental issues has affected both the severity of the problems we all face and the political difficulty of dealing with them. Besides the editor, whose Introduction and Epilogue frame the book, the contributors include well-kwn journalist Roy Beck, activist/civil servant Leon Kolankiewicz, environmental scholar Michael E. Kraft, historian Martin V. Melosi, and political scientist David Vogel.This volume was originally published as a special issue of The Journal of Policy History.
- Author BiographyOtis L. Graham, Jr., is Professor of History at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, author of many books on the environment, public policy, and American history, and editor of The Public Historian.
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication12/06/2000
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleIssues in Policy History S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight287 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byOtis L. Graham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.