All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Environmental Politics: Stakeholders, Interests, and Policymaking shows students that environmental politics is fundamentally a clash of competing stakeholders' interests, and environmental policy the result of their reconciliation. But developments in environmental policymaking over the past several years have been little short of earthshaking. The text t only marks changes in the formal lawmaking process itself, but covers recent elements reshaping environmental politics, such as: * the new environmentally activist posture of business * the dramatic shift of policymaking influence from the federal to state and local levels * the participation of new actors on the environmental policy stage, most tably the faith community * the U-turn of organized labor, from opponent of environmentalists to their collaborator * the consolidation of the varying missions of environmental advocacy groups to fight global warming * the emergence of science from its historic political neutrality to open advocacy * the increasing role of both the media and the judiciary Written by an expert with more than 25 years of smoke-filled room experience in environmental policymaking, Environmental Politics: Stakeholders, Interests, and Policymaking gives students an insider's view of how policies are forged. By examining current environmental issues through a stakeholder lens, this book t only provides a unique perspective into how policies are adopted, but also illuminates the transformative power of global warming as a political force.
- Author BiographyNorman Miller has served on the faculties of Rutgers University, Rollins and Meredith Colleges, and North Carolina State University. He is currently a member of the Global Warming and Energy Subcommittee of the national Sierra Club, and the Executive Committee of the Sierra Club's North Carolina Chapter. Previously he worked in both the legislative and executive branches of New Jersey state government in a variety of environmental policy capacities. He is also an academic member of the Society of Environmental Journalism.
- Author(s)Norman Miller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.