All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive reference containing all of the background guidance, typical ranges, details of recommended test specifications, case studies and regulations covering the environmental requirements on designers and manufacturers of electrical and electromechanical equipment worldwide. The recent introduction of the European EMC directive is just one aspect of the requirements placed upon manufacturers and designers of electrical equipment. There are numerous national and international standards and specifications that describe the application environment in which equipment must function. Factors that must be taken into account include temperature, solar radiation, humidity, pressure, weather and the effects of water and salt, pollutants and contaminants, mechanical stresses and vibration, ergomic considerations, electrical safety including EMC, reliability and performance. A broad range of standard tests exist which must be passed by equipment if it is to fulfil the requirements placed upon it. Ray Tricker is the author of a number of books describing the regulatory framework within which the electronics and electrical equipment industry must function, including Quality and Standards in Electronics, also published by Newnes. This latest volume will give the designer or manufacturer a first point of reference when negotiating the minefield that is the global market for their products.
- Author BiographyRay Tricker is the Principal Consultant of Herne European Consultancy Ltd - a company specialising in ISO 9000 Management Systems - and is also an established author. He served with the Royal Corps of Signals (for a total of 37 years) during which time he held various managerial posts culminating in being appointed as the Chief Engineer of NATO's Communication Security Agency (ACE COMSEC). Most of Ray's work since joining Herne has centred on the European Railways. He has held a number of posts with the Union International des Chemins de fer (UIC) (e.g. Quality Manager of the European Train Control System (ETCS)) and with the European Union (EU) Commission (e.g. T500 Review Team Leader, European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) Users Group Project Co-ordinator, HEROE Project Co-ordinator) and currently (as well as writing books!) he is busy assisting small businesses from around the world produce their own auditable Quality and/or Integrated Management Systems to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001 and OHSAS standards. He is also a UKAS Assessor for the assessment of certification bodies for the harmonisation of the trans-European high speed railway network.
- Author(s)Ray Tricker,Samantha Tricker
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/01/1999
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.