Environmental Risk Assessment: A Toxicological Approach by Ted Simon (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $202.84+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $180.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of risk assessment is to support science-based decisions about how to solve complex societal problems. The problems we face in the twenty-first century have many social, political, and technical complexities. Environmental risk assessment in particular is of increasing importance as a means of seeking to address the potential effects of chemicals in the environment in both the developed and developing world. Environmental Risk Assessment: A Toxicological Approach examines various aspects of problem formulation, exposure, toxicity, and risk characterization that apply to both human health and ecological risk assessment. The book is aimed at the next generation of risk assessors and students who need to kw more about developing, conducting, and interpreting risk assessments. It delivers a comprehensive view of the field, complete with sufficient background to enable readers to probe for themselves the science underlying the key issues in environmental risk. Written in an engaging and lively style by a highly experienced risk assessment practitioner, the text: * Introduces the science of risk assessment-past, present, and future * Covers problem formation and the development of exposure factors * Explains how human epidemiology and animal testing data are used to determine toxicity criteria * Provides environmental sampling data for conducting practice risk assessments * Examines the use of in vitro and 'omics methods for toxicity testing * Describes the political and social aspects of science-based decisions in the twenty-first century * Includes fully worked examples, case studies, discussion questions, and links to legislative hearings Readers of this volume will t only learn how to execute site-specific human health and ecological risk assessments but also gain a greater understanding of how science is used in deciding environmental regulations.
- Author BiographyTed Simon, DABT earned advanced degrees in biology, including a Ph.D from Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA. After college, he held post-doctoral and teaching positions before serving as senior toxicologist in the Waste Management Division at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 4, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. His critically successful novel, A Lost Gun, was published under the nom de plume Wix Simon. He is currently working on another crime novel featuring an environmental poisoning situation inspired by his twelve years at the EPA. He also provides toxicology consulting and scientific support as principal/owner of Ted Simon LLC, Winston, Georgia, USA.
- Author(s)Ted Simon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 82 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.