All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis full-color, introductory environmental science text is kwn for being concise, conceptual, and value-priced. The approach and reading level cover the basic concepts without overloading students with too much detail. The authors reinforce the text's central theme of interrelationships by providing a historical perspective, information on ecomic and political realities, discuss the role of different social experiences, and integrate this with the crucial science to describe the natural world and how we affect it.
- Author BiographyEldon is an emeritus professor of biology at Delta College. He has over 30 years of teaching experience in biology, zoology, and environmental science. Eldon has been a Fulbright Exchange Teacher in Australia and Scotland, received the Bergstein Award for Teaching Excellence at Delta College, and participated in an Earthwatch Research Program in Costa Rica. In addition to the environmental science text, Eldon is co-author of the very successful CONCEPTS IN BIOLOGY general biology text with McGraw-Hill. Brad is the Dean Emeritus of Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington. Prior to assuming the position as Dean in 1994, he served as the first Director of the Office of Environmental Education for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C. Brad also served as the Acting President of the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation in Washington, D.C., and as a Special Assistant to the EPA Administrator. Before moving to Washington, D.C., Dean Smith was a professor of political science and environmental studies for 15 years, and the executive director of an environmental education center and nature refuge for five years.
- Author(s)Bradley F. Smith,Eldon D. Enger
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight968 g
- Width226 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.