All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, 14E, International Edition will inspire and equip you to make a difference for the world. Featuring sustainability as their central theme, authors Tyler Miller and Scott Spoolman emphasize natural capital, natural capital degradation, solutions, trade-offs, and the importance of individuals. As a result, you will learn how nature works, how you interact with it, and how people have sustained-and can continue to sustain-our relationship with the earth by applying nature's lessons to ecomies and individual lifestyles. Engaging features like Core Case Studies, and Connections boxes demonstrate the relevance of issues and encourage critical thinking. This edition has been updated with new learning tools, the latest content, and an enhanced art program. Two new active learning features found at the end of the book are linked with each chapter. Doing Environmental Science offers project ideas based on chapter content that build critical thinking skills and integrate scientific method principles. Global Environmental Watch offers online learning activities through the Global Environment Watch website, helping students connect the book's concepts to current real-world issues.
- Author BiographyScott Spoolman is a writer and textbook editor with more than 30 years of experience in educational publishing. He has worked with Tyler Miller since 2003 as a contributing author on editions of LIVING IN THE ENVIRONMENT, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, and SUSTAINING THE EARTH. With Norman Myers, he also coauthored ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS: A MODULAR APPROACH. Spoolman holds a master's degree in science journalism from the University of Minnesota. He has authored numerous articles in the fields of science, environmental engineering, politics, and business. He worked as an acquisitions editor on a series of college forestry textbooks. He has also worked as a consulting editor in the development of over 70 college and high school textbooks in fields of the natural and social sciences. In his free time, he enjoys exploring the forests and waters of his native Wisconsin along with his family- his wife, environmental educator Gail Martinelli, and his children, Will and Katie. G. Tyler Miller has written 62 textbooks for introductory courses in environmental science, basic ecology, energy, and environmental chemistry. Since 1975, Miller's books have been the most widely used textbooks for environmental science in the United States and throughout the world. They have been used by almost three million students and have been translated into eight languages. Miller has a professional background in chemistry, physics, and ecology. He has a PhD from the University of Virginia and has received two honorary doctoral degrees for his contributions to environmental education. He taught college for 20 years, developed one of the nation's first environmental studies programs, and developed an innovative interdisciplinary undergraduate science program before deciding to write environmental science textbooks full time in 1975. Currently, he is the president of Earth Education and Research, which is devoted to improving environmental education.
- Author(s)G. Tyler Miller,Scott Spoolman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width230 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 14th Revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.